Your donations will help to expand the BSI Trust Archives.  The trustees seek materials and monetary contributions from all sources.  Cash contributions may be used to purchase materials for The Archives that cannot be obtained by donation

If you need advice in making provision in your estate to donate materials or cash to the BSI Trust, please contact us.  We will be happy to provide assistance.

Monetary Donations
Donations to The Baker Street Irregulars Trust are tax deductible.*

Please make your check payable to "The Baker Street Irregulars Trust" and send it to:

Leslie S. Klinger, BSI
c/o Kopple & Klinger LLP
10866 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90024-4357

If the donation is in honor or memory of someone, please indicate the appropriate name.

Materials Donations
Before donating materials, please contact one of the trustees.  Materials will be evaluated for suitability for the archives.  If donated materials are duplicative of materials already held in The Archive, The Trust may sell the materials.

Private papers relating to the history of The BSI and the Irregulars who make up its history are of special interest to the trustees.  We also have a Wish List of materials (PDF) for the Archives.

After Your Donation
Contributions of $250 or more will be acknowledged in writing; however, for non-cash items, tax regulations prohibit The Trust from acknowledging the dollar value of the donation.*

Significant contributions to The Trust may be publicized in The Baker Street Journal and The Trust newsletter.

Tax Details
* The Trust, as a part of The BSI, is an educational and literary organization described in Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170 of such Code for federal and most state income tax purposes. Donors should consult their own tax advisors with respect to the applicable limitations on such deductions.

In order to deduct a non-cash donation of $5,000 or more, the donor must arrange for a "qualified appraisal" of the donation. This requires an appraisal by an appraiser knowledgeable in the field. The trustees may suggest an appraiser; however, the cost of the appraisal must be borne by the donor.